Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by PTS <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 13:33:48 UTC

Re:[OT] Tomcat Server CPU utilization goes upto 400%

Sumit,

Since this is not a Tomcat issue I tagged it as OT.

Is the data query different for each user?

If no, setup a separate thread on startup to do the query and process it as
far as you can. I was able to create a String that was the body of the page,
then each request that came in simply inserted the string in a
document.write on a jsp. It made the response ultra fast.

If yes, look at the data returned. How much are you having to process the
data? I had to iterate through the results of three query's, create objects
and populate the fields from other queries. Then do a sort on the object. It
was very processor intensive. Is there anything you can do with a stored
procedure on the database side. You need to limit the amount of work done on
the data.

Doug