Posted to user@struts.apache.org by gd...@cmhc-schl.gc.ca on 2004/06/03 19:45:05 UTC

One Forward Action Multiple JSPs

Greetings,

What I would like to do is to be able to display different JSPs for the
same ForwardAction.

I now have this:
<action path="/TermsAndConditions"
        type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
        parameter="/WEB-INF/secure/credentials/termsAndConditions.jsp">
</action>

What I would like is based on the Locale show a different JSP.
I cannot use the i18n for this with resource bundles since the page
contains lots of text and the format is different for both languages.

So if I create my own ForwardAction
(secure.credentials.TermsAndConditionsForwardAction) how would I set the
parameter value to either
/WEB-INF/secure/credentials/termsAndConditions_en.jsp
or
/WEB-INF/secure/credentials/termsAndConditions_fr.jsp

Is this the best way to go about or are there other suggestions?

TIA,
Glenn.

RE: One Forward Action Multiple JSPs

Posted by "Kunal H. Parikh" <ku...@carsales.com.au>.
Hi Glenn!

I would recommend creating an "Action", with two action-forwards:

1. TermsAndConditions_default
2. TermsAndConditions_fr

In Action.execute, detect the appropriate locale and forward control to the
appropriate action-forward.

HTH,

Kunal