Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2008/09/02 05:03:45 UTC

reduced reported hours for programmers in training

I was wondering if the following, which i will implement for my company
is useful for the trunk? This feature, if not used will let the system
work as it is now.

We have a number of programmers in training which do work for customers
but need more time to do the job. It would be nice if they were
allocated a rateType where only a percentage of the hours worked are
charged to the customer.

I would like to add a field to the rateType table to indicate that not
all hours should be invoiced. If the field is empty the system will
operate as normal. If filled with for example '50', the number of hours
reported will be reduced by 50%

if no objections i will implement this in the next few weeks.

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive prices

Re: reduced reported hours for programmers in training

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
wouldn't be easier to treat this as an adjustment (discount) on the
invoice item?

Jacopo

Posted by Enrique Ruibal <er...@prodigy.net.mx>.
+1

Definitely useful, also applies in a number of other different industries
where training requires a steep learning curve e.g. apparel manufacturing,
etc.

Enrique Ruibal

Re: reduced reported hours for programmers in training

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Or put in a rate type for Chargetocustomer
then have a rate that would be charged to the project.
and have a type that is Charge to House(the hiring company)
and a rate that is charged to the House.
Maybe differentiate them with roles;.
my reason is that for performance issues this give a better history.

Hans Bakker sent the following on 9/1/2008 8:03 PM: