Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by David Saile <da...@uni-koblenz.de> on 2011/04/04 12:35:32 UTC

Maximum number of tasks per node

Hi list,

Are there any known limitations to the number of Map-taks per node (mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum)?

The task I am trying to set up downloads content from an URL, and processes it along with the provided input.
An approach where I simply have one queue and many fetcher-threads seems not possible for me, as each download needs to access corresponding input.

Any information about experiences or known limitations on mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum would really help!

Thanks,
David

Re: Maximum number of tasks per node