Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/23 08:02:59 UTC

Kafka 0.10.0.2 reset offset in the new-consumer mode

Hi All,

I am using Kafka 0.10.0.2 and I am not able to upgrade my Kafka version. I
have a situation that after removing Kafka topic, I am getting the
following error in Kafka-Storm Spout client because the offset hasn't been
reset properly. I was wondering how I can reset the offset in the
new-consumer mode with this version of Kafka. Since I am using
new-consumer, Kafka does not maintain offset info in Zookeeper.

2017-11-23 07:55:52.870 o.a.s.k.s.i.OffsetManager [WARN]
topic-partition [indexing-1] has unexpected offset [7259]. Current
committed Offset [8855387]

Regards,
Ali

Re: Kafka 0.10.0.2 reset offset in the new-consumer mode

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Brett. We will work on writing a client to do this for us, then.

Regards,
Ali

--
A.Nazemian

Re: Kafka 0.10.0.2 reset offset in the new-consumer mode

Posted by Brett Rann <br...@zendesk.com.INVALID>.
Ah apologies.

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.

--
A.Nazemian

Re: Kafka 0.10.0.2 reset offset in the new-consumer mode

Posted by Brett Rann <br...@zendesk.com.INVALID>.