Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/12 05:34:12 UTC

Explain seems weird after LUCENE-6590/6783, possible bug?

I was asked a question "why does the explain report boost as queryNorm
in 5x?" by a sharp-eyed person who traced it back to the
FunctionQuery.explain method.

So I looked into the code and LUCENE-6590/LUCENE-6783 changed
FunctionQuery.explain(int doc) to
FunctionQueyr.explain(int doc, float queryNorm).

So far, so good. But within that function

Explanation.match(getBoost(), "boost"), changed to:
Explanation.match(queryNorm, "boost"),

which is puzzling. Should I raise a JIRA?

Erick

Re: Explain seems weird after LUCENE-6590/6783, possible bug?

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,

I agree this explain implementation looks buggy, thanks for reporting it! I
opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7209.