Posted to general@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org> on 2007/11/20 14:01:10 UTC

Result (was: Re: [VOTE] New Chair of the Apache James Project Management Committee)

Friends,

On behalf of the Apache James PMC, the result of the vote to elect a
new chair is as follows:

6/10 first choices for Danny and 4/10 first choices for Bernd
Danny has a simple majority.
As no one voted Vincezo as their first choice there are no second
choice votes to redistribute.

Therefore the choice duly expressed by this committee is for Danny.

d.

(Yes I know its me, I'm not a megalomaniac, but I started this vote so
I've kind of got to finish it.)

Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] New Chair of the Apache James Project Management Committee)

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
On 20/11/2007, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Congratulations!

Thank you both. :-)

d.

Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] New Chair of the Apache James Project Management Committee)

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Danny Angus ha scritto:
> Friends,
>
> On behalf of the Apache James PMC, the result of the vote to elect a
> new chair is as follows:
>
> 6/10 first choices for Danny and 4/10 first choices for Bernd
> Danny has a simple majority.
> As no one voted Vincezo as their first choice there are no second
> choice votes to redistribute.
>
> Therefore the choice duly expressed by this committee is for Danny.

Congratulations!

Stefano

Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] New Chair of the Apache James Project Management Committee)

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
Congratulations! You can always count on my help.

Vincenzo

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2007 5:53 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> It was closer than I thought (thanks everybody who voted for me :-) ),
>> but very well deserved!
>
> and thank you for accepting the challenge

Just what I was about to say.  I'm glad to be turning things over to
someone I know will do a good job.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501

Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] New Chair of the Apache James Project Management Committee)

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 20, 2007 5:53 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> wrote:

<snip>

> It was closer than I thought (thanks everybody who voted for me :-) ),
> but very well deserved!

and thank you for accepting the challenge

- robert

Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] New Chair of the Apache James Project Management Committee)

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
On 20/11/2007, Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> wrote:

> Congratulations, Danny! Good luck!
> It was closer than I thought (thanks everybody who voted for me :-) ),

Thank you Bernd,
I feel guilty, now, that you didn't get it! You would have been a fine choice.
I'll just need to make sure that I do as good a job as I know you
would have done.

d.

Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] New Chair of the Apache James Project Management Committee)

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Danny Angus wrote:
> Friends,
>
> On behalf of the Apache James PMC, the result of the vote to elect a
> new chair is as follows:
>
> 6/10 first choices for Danny and 4/10 first choices for Bernd
> Danny has a simple majority.
> As no one voted Vincezo as their first choice there are no second
> choice votes to redistribute.
>
> Therefore the choice duly expressed by this committee is for Danny.

Congratulations, Danny! Good luck!
It was closer than I thought (thanks everybody who voted for me :-) ),
but very well deserved!

> (Yes I know its me, I'm not a megalomaniac, but I started this vote so
> I've kind of got to finish it.)

Thank you Danny, for managing this election totally unbiased, fair and
in the open. Also, the election mode impressed me.

   Bernd

Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] New Chair of the Apache James Project Management Committee)

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Am Dienstag, den 20.11.2007, 13:01 +0000 schrieb Danny Angus:
> Friends,
>
> On behalf of the Apache James PMC, the result of the vote to elect a
> new chair is as follows:
>
> 6/10 first choices for Danny and 4/10 first choices for Bernd
> Danny has a simple majority.
> As no one voted Vincezo as their first choice there are no second
> choice votes to redistribute.
>
> Therefore the choice duly expressed by this committee is for Danny.
>
> d.
>
> (Yes I know its me, I'm not a megalomaniac, but I started this vote so
> I've kind of got to finish it.)

Congratulations Danny...

bye
Norman

Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] New Chair of the Apache James Project Management Committee)

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 20, 2007 1:22 PM, Søren Hilmer <sh...@widetrail.dk> wrote:
> Congratulations, a close call it was and should be given the oposition.

+1

and i'd like to thank Bernd for his thoughtful statement

- robert

Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] New Chair of the Apache James Project Management Committee)

Posted by Søren Hilmer <sh...@widetrail.dk>.
Congratulations, a close call it was and should be given the oposition.

--Søren
--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc., M.Crypt.
wideTrail            Phone: +45 25481225