Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2009/01/28 23:24:45 UTC

[VOTE] Release dependencymanager 2.0.0

Hello all,

This is the first release candidate for the dependency manager and its
optional shell command bundle. I've compiled everything and put it up
for testing and checking here:

http://people.apache.org/~marrs/dependencymanager-2.0.0/

The KEYS file for verifying the signature is also in this directory
and the checksum files should have the correct format.

The main reason for naming this release 2.0.0 is that there have been
many 1.x versions and snapshots out there, so to avoid any confusion
I'm starting with 2.0.0.

Please check the release and cast your votes, the vote will be open
for at least 72 hours:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [VOTE] Release dependencymanager 2.0.0

Posted by da...@apache.org.
+1

David Bosschaert

Re: [VOTE] Release dependencymanager 2.0.0

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
+1

- R

--

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com

Re: [VOTE] Release dependencymanager 2.0.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Approve the release

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release dependencymanager 2.0.0

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@alcatel-lucent.fr>.
+1

/pierre

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/30 Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>

> Procecurally, should I cut a 2.0.1 release candidate now, or can I just add
> those missing packages (which I just did not copy to my home directory, but
> I already have them)?

personally I'm ok with continuing the vote once they've been uploaded
(as it's already been tagged and I can cross-check the sources, etc.)
but I don't know the official procedure...

Greetings, Marcel

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: [VOTE] Release dependencymanager 2.0.0

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/30 Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Marcel Offermans schrieb:
> >> Procecurally, should I cut a 2.0.1 release candidate now, or can I just
> >> add those missing packages (which I just did not copy to my home
> >> directory, but I already have them)?
> >
> > Good question. I would say, that in this case, it might be ok to just
> > also upload the missing packages.
>
> Sounds ok to me assuming we reset the vote (i.e., votes cast already
> are not counted) as they can not actually have verified the release...

agree - I think canceling this vote thread and starting a new one when the
sources are there should be enough

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: [VOTE] Release dependencymanager 2.0.0

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release dependencymanager 2.0.0

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[CANCELLED] [VOTE] Release dependencymanager 2.0.0

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Due to the fact that I forgot to include the source artifacts, as
Stuart pointed out, I'm cancelling the current vote for the release.
I'll be posting a new vote, as recommended, in a minute.

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.fr>.
+1

Arjun

Posted by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com>.
+1 (not binding)

--
Alin Dreghiciu
http://www.ops4j.org         - New Energy for OSS Communities - Open

Re: [VOTE] Release dependencymanager 2.0.0

Posted by Christian van Spaandonk <ch...@luminis.nl>.
+1

, Christian

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/29 Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>

> Hello all,
>
> This is the first release candidate for the dependency manager and its
> optional shell command bundle. I've compiled everything and put it up for
> testing and checking here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~marrs/dependencymanager-2.0.0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Emarrs/dependencymanager-2.0.0/>
>
> The KEYS file for verifying the signature is also in this directory and the
> checksum files should have the correct format.

Hi Marcel,

Where are the source tars and zips, etc..?  Normally the release process
generates these for you.
I can see the release tagged in svn, but we have provide source
distributions as well as binaries
and therefore we need to vote on these as well.

( for example, see:
http://people.apache.org/~fmeschbe/org.apache.felix.configadmin-1.0.10/ )

--
Cheers, Stuart