Posted to user@commons.apache.org by William Evans <wi...@ronin-capital.com> on 2006/04/05 18:09:58 UTC

[Configuration] XMLConfiguration.save() drops

I want to programmatically update an XML-styled configuration file and
everything works very well except for one thing:  It fails to save back
the line specifying my DTD:

<!DOCTYPE Config SYSTEM "../../../dtds/Schedule.dtd">

I assume this is a known bug, but is there a workaround or planned fix?

BTW - this package is extremely useful - thanks to all involved!

Regards,

Bill

Re: [Configuration] XMLConfiguration.save() drops

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@t-online.de>.
William Evans wrote:

>I want to programmatically update an XML-styled configuration file and
>everything works very well except for one thing:  It fails to save back
>the line specifying my DTD:
>

><!DOCTYPE Config SYSTEM "../../../dtds/Schedule.dtd">
>

>I assume this is a known bug, but is there a workaround or planned fix?
>

>BTW - this package is extremely useful - thanks to all involved!
>

>Regards,
>
>Bill

Bill,

this is indeed a bug. Could you please file a bug report for it in
Bugzilla (see [1])? Unfortunately it is not a known bug, so there is
currently no workaround.

Thanks!
Oliver

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/issue-tracking.html