Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2001/11/08 16:41:57 UTC

Running Tomcat 3.2.1 as someone other than root

Is there any possible way to run Tomcat 3.2.1 or Tomcat 3.2.3 as any other
user but root on linux red hat?

Re: Sessions

Posted by Roland Carlsson <ro...@swetravel.se>.
When reading about the javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionBindingListener and HttpSessionBindingEvent I understand that I can be notified when a user adds or remove a object to it's session. But how do I see when the session gets created or removed??

Thanks in advance
Roland Carlsson

Posted by Marc Ponschab <po...@isys-software.de>.
Hi,

Re: Sessions

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Roland Carlsson wrote:

> Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 08:56:50 +0100
> From: Roland Carlsson <ro...@swetravel.se>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Sessions
>
> Hi!
>
> I wanna se how many sessions I have on a host. But since the servlet
> api doesn't allow me to do this kind of groupfunctions I wonder if
> there is a "hack" I can do to get this information. Or is there
> another way of doing this that perhaps is a little more transportable
> then hackning a Tomcat-class?

In a Servlet 2.3 environment, you can accumulate this information by
registering an HttpSessionListener that is called when sessions are
created and destroyed.  In the listener, you could keep your own HashMap
of the session objects.

In a Servlet 2.2 environment, the only practical way is to make sure that
your application always stores an object in the session at login time, and
the object's class implements HttpSessionBindingListener.  You could do
the same sort of tracking in the valueBound() and valueUnbound() methods
of this listener.

> Thanks in advance
> Roland Carlsson

Craig

Sessions

Posted by Roland Carlsson <ro...@swetravel.se>.
Hi!

RE: Running Tomcat 3.2.1 as someone other than root

Posted by David Wilson <dw...@revenuetech.com>.
Take a look at sudo. I forget the website but just do a goole search.

David

Posted by Holger Klawitter <li...@klawitter.de>.

using enviroment variables into server.xml

Posted by Eduardo Godoy Vega <eg...@tekchile.cl>.
Hi everyone!

I'm using Tomcat 3.2.3 ...

Is it possible to use Enviroment Variables into server.xml or web.xml
for example, I'd like to define a new context using an env. var.

<Context path="/test" docBase="%TEST_HOME%" crossContext="true" debug="0"
reloadable="true" trusted="false"/>

is it possible ??

Eduardo.