Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by xin wang <xv...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/17 05:02:14 UTC

validate instance doc against schema

I am trying to use DOMCount or similar programs in
bin/
that come with the 1.5.2 binary distribution to
validate an xml doc against its schema. It seems to
work except when I try to force an id of an element to
be unique. I don't get error messages even when there
are duplicates. I have not tried the key/keyref
feature
yet.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

victoria

Re: validate instance doc against schema

Posted by xin wang <xv...@yahoo.com>.
Yes. My command line is
  %DOMCount -v=always -n -s -f the_xml_file_name

I expect an error because both id attributes are "1"
when it is required to be unique in the schema.

Am I missing something obvious?

victoria

The schema is
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xs:schema

<xs:element name="root" type="root">
  <xs:key name="element1_id">
  <xs:selector xpath="element1"/>
  <xs:field xpath="@id"/>
  </xs:key>
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="element1" type="element1"/>

<xs:complexType name="root">
  <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element ref="element1" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
  </xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

<xs:complexType name="element1">
  <xs:all>
    <xs:element name="name" type="xs:string"/>
    <xs:element name="description" type="xs:string"/>
    <xs:element name="investigator" type="xs:string"/>
    <xs:element name="comments" type="xs:string"/>
  </xs:all>
  <xs:attribute name="id" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:complexType>

The xml file is:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="study.xsd">
<element1 id="1">
  <name>abcd</name>
  <description>abcd</description>
  <comments>abcd</comments>