Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Dennis Crissman <de...@hotmail.com> on 2011/01/20 00:29:02 UTC

How to deploy bundles?

Ok, I can get the server and client standing. Client registered with server and bundles added in the webui. I can create Features and Distributions.

What I cannot figure out, is how to add a bundle to a feature, distribution, or client? Could someone explain how this process works?

Thanks,
Dennis Crissman

Re: How to deploy bundles?

Posted by Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.eu>.
The /webui is more or less deprecated, and we are aware that it has its issues with some browsers.

The username/password for the new Vaadin web ui is any valid user in the current User Admin; you can set these in any way you talk to the User Admin. You can always use our default test account, username d password f .

Angelo

Re: How to deploy bundles?

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On 20 Jan 2011, at 14:06 , Dennis Crissman wrote:

> In the webui, when I click the '-', either nothing happens or I get an error a popup with "Error breaking link". If I click on the 'X', I get "Error updating highlights; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException".
>
> Attached are images of the actual exceptions.

The attachments did not make it to the list it seems, but in general it's better to add those attachments to Jira issues.

> For the ace ui, which is a nice looking face-lift btw. What is the username/password or how can I set it?

The UI relies on the OSGi UserAdmin service to provide users. There are a few users configured by default right now. You can, for example login with username "d" password "f". The reason we've defined more users is that we might want to add role based access control in the future, allowing people with different roles to do different things in the UI.

Please try out the new UI. It still has a few issues, but by now, most features of the GWT UI are there. Because we're moving in that direction, I would much rather spend time fixing anything you find there.

Greetings, Marcel

RE: How to deploy bundles?

Posted by Dennis Crissman <de...@hotmail.com>.

Re: How to deploy bundles?

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Dennis,

Like Angelo said, we're transitioning to the new UI at the moment. The move was mostly motivated by the fact that by choosing Vaadin over GWT we can modularize the UI. That might sound a bit strange if you know that Vaadin builds on GWT, but basically GWT compiles all your UI logic to client side javascript, where Vaadin builds on the GWT controls and adds logic that stays on the server. GWT can only compile all code in one go, which is why it can't be modularized, as there can be no "contributions" to an existing UI, whereas Vaadin is just Java code running on the server, so we can easily extend it with services (using the whiteboard pattern for example to create extension points).

Greetings, Marcel

RE: How to deploy bundles?

Posted by Dennis Crissman <de...@hotmail.com>.

Re: How to deploy bundles?