Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Chian Zhong..." <cz...@modeln.com> on 2011/05/16 22:52:45 UTC

monitoring the load run

Hi:

My app is fairly slow I have to say, although no one knows where does the
slowness come from. I've developed a simple JMeter script that navigates to
different pages etc, and I'm able to run it with 1 or 2 users and monitor
the result from result tree.

Now I've added 40 users to it with 100 seconds ramp up time, Jmeter starts
to show me the busy square icon on the right
upper corner with all 40 sessions/users, as I don't see anything changes on
the result table and I'm suggested not to user the result tree to "watch"
it,
what's the best way for me to see if it is jmeter being extremly busy on its
UI or something is not right on my app?

I opened the browser on a different box and app seemed to hold on ok, does
this imply that I just have to wait till Jmeter "finishes"
whatever it is doing? I tried to wait over the weekend and I suspected that
something is not right on the Jmeter, so anyone knows what's the best way to
see what JMeter is busying about?

am I the only one who have seen such behavior? by the way, my memory setting
was 14M to 256 MB for new, 14 M to 256 for heap/
any tip?

Thanks
Chian

Re: monitoring the load run

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
>I suspect that last 64m needs to be 1024m instead.
no perm size is usually in this range (or 128M).
If you stop the jmeter threads after they run for sometime , can you not see
the jmeter.log file?

regards
deepak

Re: monitoring the load run

Posted by "Chian Zhong..." <cz...@modeln.com>.
thanks! I'm installing notepad++, the tool is powerful!...

Re: monitoring the load run

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: monitoring the load run

Posted by "Chian Zhong..." <cz...@modeln.com>.