Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Martin Ravell <xm...@rave-tech.com.au> on 2005/07/01 00:27:56 UTC

RE: Enveloped suggestions

Thanks for the pointer Scott. I'll take another look at the reference
implementation.

I'm kind of interested in the Apache security stuff now and my question on
which of the samples to focus on still stands. Can you (or anyone out there
on the list) suggest a tutorial or even just which of the samples best
covers the process of creating an enveloped signature and then validates it?

Thanks
Marty

Posted by Martin Ravell <xm...@rave-tech.com.au>.
Just had a crack at using the id and it seems to work. Given that my app is
building the XML to begin with I think I can live with the limitations you
mentioned.

I notice that the reference samples (JWSDP 1.5) seem to ignore the
canonicalization process on both the signing and verification processes. (I
tested removing some whitespace and wondered why it would not verify until I
took a closer look at the code).

So I guess I'm still interested in which of the Apache samples fits best
(and does canonicalization properly).

Regards
Marty