Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <gy...@laserlink.net> on 2000/06/06 18:59:28 UTC

RE: [benchmark] DBI/preload (was Re: [RFC] improving memory mappi ng thru code exercising)

this typically means that you have opened a cursor and the $dbh has gone out
of scope before calling $sth->finish

are you doing other stuff in your startup.pl?

> /home/cardlock/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/DBD/Orac
> le.pm line 82.
>     dbih_clearcom (h 0x54f978, com 0x3319e8):
>        FLAGS 0x211: COMSET Warn AutoCommit
>        TYPE 1
>        PARENT undef
>        KIDS 0 (0 active)
>        IMP_DATA undef in 'DBD::Oracle::dr'
>
> I tried both
>
> 	use DBD::Oracle

I use() DBD::Oracle as above in my startup.pl, but I don't see any
warnings...

> and
>
> 	DBI->install_driver( 'Oracle' );

I don't have any experience with this method...

> with the same results. It didn't seem to cause any problems, since
> everything still worked.
>
> Something to worry about?

generally no, but since lots of people use() DBD::* in the startup files, it
doesn't sound normal

--GEoff