Posted to dev@s2graph.apache.org by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> on 2019/04/03 17:20:59 UTC

Call for Presentations open for ApacheCon NA and EU 2019!

Hi Graph processing devs!

The Call for Presentations are now open in both events this year:
- ApacheCon NA (in Las Vegas): https://apachecon.com/acna19/cfp.html
- ApacheCon EU (in Berlin): https://aceu19.apachecon.com/call-presentations
(The second one is being redirected to the first one at the moment.
Perhaps they accept all together or they will change it later...)

In the topics, you will see "Graph processing" topic category! I
believe you guys and some others in TinkerPop project will be best
suited for the topic!

Please have an interest in both events, and submit your presentations!
;-) It is a great chance to visit Las Vegas and enjoy Oktoberfest in
Berlin!

By the way, I personally think it would be great if the presentations
show how easy, how useful and how beneficial it is to apply your
technologies in real projects. Most people want to hear about some
good stuffs they can try now in their projects, from confident
'sellers' (in other words, don't need to talk about any doubts out
there in the short time before they ask, but just say it is the best
choice with certainty from your experience, like you explain it to
your internal colleagues, which is my $0.02). ;-)

Anyway, I hope you guys rock in this autumn!

Cheers,

Woonsan

Re: Call for Presentations open for ApacheCon NA and EU 2019!

Posted by Jason Plurad <pl...@gmail.com>.
Of particular interest to S2Graph, there will be a Graph Processing track:
"Topics on connected data, graph processing, and graph computing, including
property graphs and RDF. Apache projects could include TinkerPop, S2Graph,
Giraph, Jena, Rya, Atlas, Spark's GraphX, Flink's Gelly, etc.". We're
striving to put together something similar to the Graph Processing devroom
at FOSDEM which featured 2 TinkerPop-related talks earlier this year.

The graph ecosystem is growing and evolving, including many graph projects