Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Banigallapati, Giridhar (GMI NY - GDA)" <Gi...@exchange.ml.com> on 2002/03/20 18:48:46 UTC

Increasing TimeOut doesnot seem to work

Hi all,

I am using Apache 1.3 version on Solaris.
I have a CGI-perl script which takes longer time to execute.
I increased the Server Timeout from 300 to 1500 by editing the httpd.conf file.
I then restarted the apache server. But still I recieve connection time out message within 2 minutes.
Does any body know what needs to be done to make it to work?

Thanks
Giri

Re: Increasing TimeOut doesnot seem to work

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Pietro Cagnoni wrote:

> set $| = 1, and print something every now and then during the time
> consuming part. apache will get something before the timeout, and will
> be happy with your script.

Your advice is good, but I will point out that this likely has nothing to
do with Apache.  It is almost certainly the browser that is timing out
after two minutes, not the server.

Joshua.

Re: Increasing TimeOut doesnot seem to work

Posted by Pietro Cagnoni <pc...@mclink.net>.
> Hi all,
>
> I am using Apache 1.3 version on Solaris.
> I have a CGI-perl script which takes longer time to execute.
> I increased the Server Timeout from 300 to 1500 by editing the httpd.conf file.
> I then restarted the apache server. But still I recieve connection time out message within 2 minutes.
> Does any body know what needs to be done to make it to work?
>
> Thanks
> Giri

set $| = 1, and print something every now and then during the time
consuming part. apache will get something before the timeout, and will
be happy with your script.

hope this helps.

pietro.