Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/30 18:19:52 UTC

[OT] Duplicate emails annoy everyone...

Can we please all agree to only send messages to this list once??

I won't pick on anyone in particular but here's a few examples... in
recent threads I've received 6 messages but only 2 originals, so 4
dupes... another person sent the same (new) message 3 times with
slightly different subjects within a matter of minutes... still others
have sent the exact same email from multiple accounts within a very
short period of time.

If this is allowed to continue (and grow), I'm certain many of us will
simply unsubscribe as the signal to noise ratio gets to be
unacceptable. And that defeats the entire purpose of a "Users" list
like this one.

Only hit the "send" button once, please! And if you don't get a
response "immediately", give it a day or two before resending. And if
you still don't get a response, wait at least a week before sending
again. At that point, if you've sent the email 3 times and no one has
responded, you can safely assume that you will probably never get a
response -- so you need to rethink things (your approach, the
length/content of the email, the language, etc).

Wayne

Re: [OT] Duplicate emails annoy everyone...

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
And don't forget to subscribe to the list or we have to moderate you, that's
why you don't see your message in the list... and that's why we (moderators)
can do errors and let pass several times the same email.

Arnaud