Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohamed King <mk...@eapps.com> on 2008/04/10 17:36:42 UTC

Tomcat not recompiling new jsp in development mode

Guys,

Any idea why a new version of my jsp is not compiled and changes shown.
Tomcat is running in development mode and the time on the new jsp is later
than the previous. I manually have to delete the
tomcat_home/work/catalina/localhost directory and restart for changes to
go into effect. It is my understanding I should not have to do this if
tomcat is running in development mode. What am I doing wrong.

Thank you,
Mohamed King
eApps Hosting

Re: Tomcat not recompiling new jsp in development mode

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Next time, take a look at the timestamp on the files in
work/catalina/localhost/* and compare them to the timestamp on the
jsps.  I'll bet your transfer client is setting the timestamp on your
jsps and the local machine's time isn't in sync with the remote
server's.  When the remote server compiles the jsp, the timestamp on the
resulting .java and .class files are set to the remote server's system time.

--David