Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@anova.be> on 2008/07/21 11:30:50 UTC

Unable to build trunk -- missing repositories

L.S.,

It has been a while since I built Sling on my machine, so my local
repository doesn't have all the previous versions of poms and artifacts
any more.  This causes the  build of the current trunk to fail -- mainly
because:
- it can't find version 3-incubator of the parent pom without the
incubator repository defined
- it can't find plugins previously released because the incubator
repository isn't defined in the list of pluginRepositories in the parent
pom.xml

As a workaround, I changed my locally installed copy of the 3-incubator
pom.xml, but it should be possible to just build the trunk.  Adding the
incubator repository to the poms and to the parent pom.xml (and probably
releasing 4-incubator of that as well) should do the trick, I think.  Do
you want me to raise a JIRA for that?

Gert

Re: Unable to build trunk -- missing repositories

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I changed the pom of all modules to point to the latest parent pom.
I added the incubator repo as a plugin repository and updated some
referenced maven plugins.
(Usually we don't update all poms to point to the latest parent,
but I think this is a valid exception as the reference to the incubator
was missing and we should use latest plugins).

Hopefully the build now works for everyone again.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Unable to build trunk -- missing repositories

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
> <ak...@day.com> wrote:
>> ...BTW, it would be solved if my patch in SLING-555 would be applied to
>> the trunk. Anyone?...
>
> I could apply it but I'd like to have Carsten's opinon first, (as
> Master Of The Mighty Pom Version Number Stragies ;-)

Hmm, I'm not sure if I should be proud of this or not... :)

Yepp, I'll have a look at the issue today.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Unable to build trunk -- missing repositories

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
<ak...@day.com> wrote:
> ...BTW, it would be solved if my patch in SLING-555 would be applied to
> the trunk. Anyone?...

I could apply it but I'd like to have Carsten's opinon first, (as
Master Of The Mighty Pom Version Number Stragies ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: Unable to build trunk -- missing repositories

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
BTW, it would be solved if my patch in SLING-555 would be applied to
the trunk. Anyone?

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Unable to build trunk -- missing repositories

Posted by Alexander Saar <al...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Gert,