Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Haijiang Chen <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/27 06:50:57 UTC

How to debug Mesos-containerizer

Hi,
I had a basic question about how to debug Mesos-containerizer. I had built mesos code with debug enabled.
The detail of debugging scenario is as following:
1/ start the master with sudo GLOG_v=1  ~/dist/mesos/build/bin/gdb-mesos-master.sh —ip=<IP address> --work_dir=/var/lib/mesos
2/ start the agent with
sudo GLOG_v=1  ~/dist/mesos/build/bin/gdb-mesos-agent.sh \
  —master=<master ip>:5050 \
  --isolation=docker/runtime,filesystem/linux,cgroups/cpu,cgroups/mem \
  --work_dir=/var/lib/mesos \
  --image_providers=docker \
  --executor_environment_variables="{}" \
  --containerizers="docker,mesos" \
  —ip=<agent IP address> \
  ----executor_registration_timeout=3mins

3/ run mesos-execute —master=<master IP address>:5050 —name=containertest —docker_image=busybox --shell=false

How can I debug Mesos-containerizer for this case gracefully as it is child process? BTW, I am running gdb with non-root use, but with sudo permission.
I also try set detach-on-fork off for gdb, but It is hung for some reason when the child process is creating.

Regards,
Haijiang