Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Zack Payton <zp...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/09 03:47:17 UTC

Sequence table recovery possible?

Yo cloudstack users and devs!
A corrupt HDD caused my mysql cloud.sequence table to become corrupted
(misconfig didn't put mysql data dir on zfs).  I have multiple cloudstack
installations though and am able to look at a valid sequence table example:

mysql> select * from sequence;
+-------------------------+-------+
| name                    | value |
+-------------------------+-------+
| checkpoint_seq          |     1 |
| networks_seq            |   218 |
| physical_networks_seq   |   202 |
| private_mac_address_seq |     1 |
| public_mac_address_seq  |     1 |
| storage_pool_seq        |   200 |
| vm_instance_seq         |   202 |
| vm_template_seq         |   215 |
| volume_seq              |     1 |
+-------------------------+-------+
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

For my now corrupted cloudstack database, is there any way to glean the
appropriate values that I can use to repopulate the table?  I'm hesitant
just copy the table from my valid instance for obvious reasons.

Any idea how I can recover the appropriate values for
physical_networks_seq, physical_networks_seq, storage_pool_seq,
vm_instance_seq, vm_template_seq?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Sequence table recovery possible?

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <ch...@gmail.com>.
This table is used to generate unique ids for the respective tables
(vm_instance_seq for vm_instance for example). Just use the largest id from
the vm_instance table and add a largish number (10000).