Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Butler, Mark" <ma...@hp.com> on 2004/09/01 16:21:51 UTC

Removing DELI

Hi team,

I am afraid due to other commitments I have not been able to maintain the
DELI component in Cocoon. I'm not really aware of anyone using it, and also
looking through the support lists it is a source of error when people try to
run Cocoon on other servlet engines apart from Jetty. Therefore in order to
keep things simple, I'd like to propose removing DELI.

Thoughts?

Mark Butler
HP Labs Bristol
http://www.hpl.hp.com/people/marbut

Re: Removing DELI

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 01.09.2004 16:21, Butler, Mark wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I am afraid due to other commitments I have not been able to maintain the
> DELI component in Cocoon. I'm not really aware of anyone using it, and also
> looking through the support lists it is a source of error when people try to
> run Cocoon on other servlet engines apart from Jetty. Therefore in order to
> keep things simple, I'd like to propose removing DELI.
>
> Thoughts?

What about asking the users as we did it in the past?

Joerg

Re: Removing DELI

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
i am using it in an old 2.0.x installation on tomcat - it did the trick
for me :)

I don't know about it's current state in 2.1, but maybe someone should
be given the chance to take over maintenance before it is decided to
remove it.