Posted to users@flex.apache.org by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net> on 2021/06/15 20:56:06 UTC

Strange Little Scrollbar

I have made my first app using Royale.  The structure is made based upon Tour
De Jewel as a template using ResponsiveView so that it looks correct on all
devices.  Search as I may, I cannot unearth one small problem.  I have a
mysterious scrollbar on the right of the browser that only scrolls like 5
pixels.  I would like to be rid of it entirely, but can't seem to figure out
where it is coming from and turn it off.  And since I use ResponsiveView and
listen to the "sizeChanged" event to scale all of my content within the
current browser dimension, I don't understand why this is showing up at all.
Alas, it is.  Please let me know if you have seen this before, or have any
suggestions on where I might look to get started.  Thanks!

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/t999/Screenshot_%2895%29.jpg>

RE: [EXTERNAL] Strange Little Scrollbar

Posted by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net>.
Brilliant!  Thanks for the suggestion.

I've spent hours going over dimensions and trying to turn off scrollbars,
etc.  I wish I understood why it is happening in the first place, but I am
not sure it is my error.  It is happening in some browsers, but not all.
Probably would help if I had more experience in HTML/Javascript LOL.

Thanks again, can't believe the solution was that simple.

RE: [EXTERNAL] Strange Little Scrollbar

Posted by Brian Raymes <br...@teotech.com>.
You can resolve that by simply adding the following style:

body {
    overflow: hidden;
}

Tested on your app 😉