Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ratheesh Kumar K <k....@gmail.com> on 2009/02/11 16:59:50 UTC

WARNING: Could not find action or result There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name . - [unknown location]

Hello All,
I am a newbie to the Struts 2 framework. I started with latest version of
Struts 2, i.e. Struts  2.1.6 and is strucked with the following error. I
have gone through the entire forums and many other mailing list, but was not
able to get it corrected. The war file for the project is attached, please
go theough it and send me some solutions. Any pointers and tricks are
appreciated. Please execute the war file and then comment on it, because I
experimented all the tricks explained in most of the user forums. You can
download the war file from  http://www.fileqube.com/file/GgjLtuIij172959
here  or from
http://www.adrive.com/public/74896d3331b8aae51eeb1bb90e63cde126bf3d709bc8e9c932956279a2bfa6c8.html
here

Following are the development environment configurations:
IDE: Eclipse Platform Version: 3.4.1 Build id: M20080911-1700 [Ganymede]
Servelt Engine: Tomcat 6.0.18
Struts version: 2.1.6
Operating System : Windows XP

Following is the error report:

Feb 10, 2009 9:04:25 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Could not find action or result
There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name . - [unknown
location]
    at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.java:177)
    at
org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy.prepare(StrutsActionProxy.java:61)
    at
org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(StrutsActionProxyFactory.java:39)
    at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:47)
    at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:458)
    at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.ExecuteOperations.executeAction(ExecuteOperations.java:77)
    at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.doFilter(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:76)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at
    at
    at
    at
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/WARNING%3A-Could-not-find-action-or-result-There-is-no-Action-mapped-for-namespace---and-action-name-.----unknown-location--tp21957971p21957971.html

Re: WARNING: Could not find action or result There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name . - [unknown location]

Posted by nodje <no...@gmail.com>.
hi Ratheesh,

were finally able to solve your problem?
I'm just migrating form 2.0.14 to 2.1.6 and suddenly get the same error when
trying to access the application default url /.

thanks

>>> xmlns:web="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
>>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
>>> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd" id="WebApp_ID"