Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by fadams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2011/03/10 19:06:18 UTC

viewing Headers Exchange binding in qpid-config?

I've been using a Headers Exchange and it has proved very useful for me but
it's causing a little pain from an administration/auditing perspective.

If I use qpid-config -b queues I can in theory see the queues and the
bindings, but unfortunately for the headers exchange I can only see the
binding key not the actual binding in terms of the headers that have been
used to match the logical subscription.

I'd quite like to be able to tell which clients are pulling which data.

Is there a way to get qpid-config to give this level of detail, or is there
a way with any other admin tool?
thanks
fadams

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: viewing Headers Exchange binding in qpid-config?

Posted by fadams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
many thanks, I'll have a play with this.

you sir are a gentleman indeed!!
thanks again.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 03/10/2011 06:06 PM, fadams wrote:
> I've been using a Headers Exchange and it has proved very useful for me but
> it's causing a little pain from an administration/auditing perspective.
>
> If I use qpid-config -b queues I can in theory see the queues and the
> bindings, but unfortunately for the headers exchange I can only see the
> binding key not the actual binding in terms of the headers that have been
> used to match the logical subscription.
>
> I'd quite like to be able to tell which clients are pulling which data.
>
> Is there a way to get qpid-config to give this level of detail, or is there
> a way with any other admin tool?

No way with qpid-config as it currently stands I believe (short of a
patch to the code itself[1]). It would be a very reasonable enhancemet
request and is quite simple to implement (displaying large numbers of
arguments in a reasonable way would be the only challenge).

You can get the information via qpid-tool, but its not the most
convenient approach.

[1] e.g. something like attached