Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Denis Souza <de...@camerum.com.br> on 2006/08/26 00:19:23 UTC

Tacos DojoTabs component

Anyone out there using Tacos' DojoTabs component? It seems that every time I
use it all my tabs have their height set to zero. I tried using Firefox 1.5
and IE 6 and I get the same results on both.

If I use Firefox's DOM inspector I can change the style to "height:auto" and
it looks fine (until I resize the window or click on another tab), but I
can't get it to work like that by default. The DOM Inspector shows that the
height style is actually explicitly set to zero. I tried setting the style
for the dojoTabPaneWrapper in my css file but it still doesn't work. I also
noticed that the same thing happens with the tabs in the Tacos live demo.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,
Denis

Re: Re: RE: Tacos DojoTabs component

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
You aren't the first one to be bitten by the style rules on that widget.

Someone made me implement an alternate - less obtrusive(much more
performant) - version on a different project...If anything like that makes
it into tapestry it'll be the latter..

On 8/28/06, Denis Souza <de...@camerum.com.br> wrote:

> Just tried it. It does work better by setting the style with
> .dojoTabContainer since it makes the scrollbars appear when necessary
> (which
> wasn't happening otherwise and content ended up being hidden when it was
> more than could fit in a window), however I would still prefer if I didn't
> have to use a fixed height since my tabs have dynamic content. On tabs
> with
> a fixed height and a little more content, I end up with two scrollbars
> (one
> on the browser window itself and one on the tab) which isn't so good.
> Plus the style solution doesn't seem to be working in firefox. I get the
> same zero-height problem but can always test this page in IE until dojo is
> fixed.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Denis

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

RE: Re: RE: Tacos DojoTabs component

Posted by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com>.

Posted by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com>.

Posted by Denis Souza <de...@camerum.com.br>.