Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2013/07/12 18:30:06 UTC

Apache Flex room at 360|Stack?

Hi,

Last year we had a room at the 360|Flex conference (now called 360|Stack) where we hung out to meet each other and other folks could come and learn about Apache and Flex.   Should we do so again this year?  Maybe have an informal hackathon?  The conference is coming up soon (Aug 4-7) so we need to get moving on this.

-Alex

RE: Apache Flex room at 360|Stack?

Posted by Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com>.
I will be there on Sunday night.  If needed, I could help set up or whatever
around 5.

Mark

Posted by Jonathan Campos <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> I will be there as much as possible to discuss Flex, FlexJS, or whatever
> else you want. Last year, one attendee even got me to code review their
> Flex app because they were having performance problems.

I'd be there when possible to hang out.

--
Jonathan Campos

RE: Apache Flex room at 360|Stack?

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
> So far, only Justin and I have said that we would hang out in an
> Apache Flex Discovery room if we were to have one.

I will spend whatever free time I have there.

Mike

Re: Apache Flex room at 360|Stack?

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.
On 7/23/2013 4:14 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> So far, only Justin and I have said that we would hang out in an Apache
> Flex Discovery room if we were to have one.
  I'd hang out there some of the time. ;)  I say go for it!

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: Apache Flex room at 360|Stack?

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.
On Jul 23, 2013, at 2:14 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> So far, only Justin and I have said that we would hang out in an Apache
> Flex Discovery room if we were to have one.  My sources say that there
> will be more Apache Flex committers at this conference than just Justin
> and I.  I know many of you are not doing full-time Flex, but your presence
> will be welcome, even if you end up talking about some non-Flex thing you
> are using to build applications these days.
>
> I think we should accept the conference organizer's offer and have an
> Apache Flex room. Any objections?
>
> I will be there as much as possible to discuss Flex, FlexJS, or whatever
> else you want. Last year, one attendee even got me to code review their
> Flex app because they were having performance problems.
>
> -Alex

Hey Alex, thanks for taking the initiative. I will be running the Open Device Lab room otherwise I would have volunteered to help as I did last year. Maybe we get John to make us neighbors? :)
I'll hop in if I get any time, also, I'll bring the US supply of committer badges with me in case any new committers such as Scott would like one.

See you all at Stack!

Re: Apache Flex room at 360|Stack?

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
I'll be glad to meet you!

-- Alexander

Re: Apache Flex room at 360|Stack?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by aYo ~ <ay...@binitie.com>.
Sounds like a good idea. Keep the flex flag flying.

aYo
www.ayobinitie.com
mrbinitie.blogspot.com