Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mohsin <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/01 11:15:08 UTC

Re: SVN Commit Failed For Data larger Than 2 GB [How To Resolve]

Hi,

For accessing repo in browser we are using HTTP protocol while on linux
server i think (not sure) we are using file scheme . Here is import command
which we had used on linux server for importing data in newly created
repository.

FYI

svn import -m "First Import" /tmp/Test/ file:///X/Y/
Adding         /tmp/Test/Trunk
Adding         /tmp/Test/Branches
Adding         /tmp/Test/Tags

Is this file scheme which we are using ? Please suggest

Regards
Mohsin

Re: AW: SVN Commit Failed For Data larger Than 2 GB [How To Resolve]

Posted by Mohsin <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

After upgrading my Tortoise SVN client version (1.8.7) on my windows machine
I was able to commit folder of size 4.7 GB : ) There is no issue in tortoise
svn client nor in SVN server.  Thanks all of you for your support .

Regards
Mohsin Abbas

Re: AW: SVN Commit Failed For Data larger Than 2 GB [How To Resolve]

Posted by Les Mikesell <le...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Mohsin <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dear,
>
>>Thanks - it would have been more clear if you had shown that svn
>>command line instead of the one that used the file:// protocol.
>
> Ignore my file:// protocol post that was in some other context . I am using
> HTTP protocol for repository access.
>
>>First note that the svn command line client is available for windows
>>too, and it might be worth verifying that it can succeed in exactly
>>the same circumstances where tortoise fails.  As others have noted,
>>this mail list doesn't have much to do with the tortoise client, so
>>you probably won't get the best advice about this problem here.   But,
>>make sure you are using the latest tortoise -  if the issue is really
>>in the neon libraries, it looks like neon has been dropped in the 1.8
> release:
>
> How can I use svn command line for windows ? Can you tell me in this regard
> ?

The tortoise installer should offer to include a command line client
too, but it will probably be built with the same library as the GUI.
There are several other builds linked from:
https://subversion.apache.org/packages.html#windows
plus one from the Cygwin environment (which, being a more linux-like
environment may confuse your line endings if you aren't careful).

> I am using Tortoise svn client older version (1.6 or 1.7) may be due to this
> older version Tortoise svn client was not able to commit larger data. I'll
> upgrade my Tortoise svn client version to latest and try to commit data may
> be with latest version I will be able to commit data on windows machine too.
> I'll update you regarding this shortly.

As a general recommendation: I usually try to update free software
before fighting bugs that might already be fixed.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com

Re: AW: SVN Commit Failed For Data larger Than 2 GB [How To Resolve]

Posted by Mohsin <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dear,

Posted by Les Mikesell <le...@gmail.com>.

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#neon-deleted

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com

Re: AW: SVN Commit Failed For Data larger Than 2 GB [How To Resolve]

Posted by Les Mikesell <le...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Mohsin <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are using HTTP protocol for repository access in browser e.g
>
> http://server/some/path

I'm not sure it is clear from this thread whether you have succeeded
in committing >2Gb with a command line svn client using http protocol
(your import example showed file://).  If the command line client
still shows the problem over http, then the issue may be with apache
on the server side.  However if the command line svn works with an
http url but tortoise fails, then the issue is obviously with the
tortoise libraries on the client side.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell@gmail.com

Re: AW: SVN Commit Failed For Data larger Than 2 GB [How To Resolve]

Posted by Mohsin <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Markus Schaber <m....@codesys.com>.
Hi, Mohsin,

Von: Mohsin [mailto:mohsinchandia@gmail.com]

> How can i check which scheme we are using on linux server ? can you share command so that i can tell you ?

Check the start of the URLs you're using to access the repository:

http://server/some/path    -> http access, apache configuration may be the problem.
https://server/some/path   -> http access with ssl protection, apache configuration may be the problem.

svn://server/some/path...  -> svn protocol, not affected.
file:///some/path/...      -> direct file access, not affected.
svn+ssh://server/some/path -> svn protocol tunneled through ssh, not affected.

svn+XXX://server/some/path -> svn protocol tunneled through some custom proxy, unlikely to be affected unless your tunnel configuration imposes a size limit on the total amount of tunneled data.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS(r) a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.schaber@codesys.com | Web: http://www.codesys.com | CODESYS store: http://store.codesys.com
CODESYS forum: http://forum.codesys.com

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received
this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: SVN Commit Failed For Data larger Than 2 GB [How To Resolve]

Posted by Mohsin <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andreas Stieger <an...@gmx.de>.
> On 1 Oct 2014, at 10:15, Mohsin <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For accessing repo in browser we are using HTTP protocol while on linux
> server i think (not sure) we are using file scheme .

If you are not sure then go check. I gave interpretations on what the difference means. If if fails on http but works on file, you will know where to look.

Check your httpd for timeout related settings and bugs, as previously indicated by others.
Note that the 2G serf bug fix linked to twice is not available in a public TortioseSVN release.

Andreas