Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Yingda Chen <yd...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/10 06:34:11 UTC

Whats up with those UNSTABLE email?

I have seen similar email with the following content with almost all
commits/PR, can we do something about it?

Thanks,
-Yingda

Reef-pull-request-windows #XX UNSTABLE
Looks like there's a problem with this pull request

Re: Whats up with those UNSTABLE email?

Posted by ma...@weimo.de.
Hi,

There are two separate issues here, I believe:

(1) The builds of our Java code reliably fail on the Windows build server. Given that the code builds just fine on all our machines, I assume this to be an issue with the build server. I filled [REEF-151] to track this.

(2) Creating a CI setup for .NET. This is tracked in [REEF-111]. It is trickier than it sounds: The .NET builds require the Java build’s output to complete. Hence, we need a Windows build machines that has both Visual Studio and the JDK installed. Also, scripting it all together is somewhat non-trivial. I'm not sure whether we should condition a release on it. Thoughts?

Markus

Sent from Windows Mail

Posted by Brian Cho <ch...@gmail.com>.
I would like to suggest "proper setup (and passing) of Windows CI" be added
as a goal for 0.11. Does anyone have experience setting up a .NET CI
environment?

Thanks,
Brian

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.