Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by "Luis Fco. Ramriez Daza Glez" <lu...@yahoo.com.mx> on 2010/05/24 18:15:29 UTC

Soundex (or similar algorithm) search

Hi all

We need to add “Sounds like….” Functionality to our index and I’m looking for any guidance for where to start.

I read that lucene does not support Soundex directly, but it supports Dictionary that must be almost the same.

Also found that for Java some people have contributed some Analyzers/code to use some kind of “sounds like”: metaphone, double-metaphne, etc.

Are any of those contributions available in the NET version, or do I have to do it manually by implementing the algorithm and/or the analyzers/tokenizers/etc?

Thanks

Luis