Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Jeremy Daggett <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/24 23:44:14 UTC

New RegionScopedSwiftBlobStore in jclouds 1.7

Greetings jclouds users,

We want to let the user community know about the upcoming changes to Swift
in the jclouds 1.7 release. "openstack-swift" will be the first API based
on the new RegionScopedSwiftBlobStore design.

WHAT WILL BE CHANGING

- The implementation of the new RegionScopedSwiftBlobStore [1] will be
promoted the main jclouds repository [2].
- The legacy Swift API [3] (and dependent providers) will remain in 1.7
releases, and new provider implementations of the
RegionScopedSwiftBlobStore will be introduced.
- All examples and documentation will be updated to reflect these changes.

The new RegionScopedSwiftBlobStore API WILL NOT impact the legacy
API/providers like "cloudfiles" [4] and "hpcloud-objectstore" [5].

If you are dependent on the current Swift API/providers, we urge you to
test with the new implementation during the 1.7 releases!

In the 1.8 release, we will completely remove the legacy Swift
API/providers as well as any documentation and examples.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns, thanks!

Regards,

/jd

[1] *
https://github.com/rackerlabs/jclouds-labs-openstack/blob/master/openstack-swift/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/swift/v1/blobstore/RegionScopedSwiftBlobStore.java