Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Iosev Perez Rivero <ip...@estudiantes.uci.cu> on 2006/05/27 13:39:19 UTC

how to increment the max memory of Tomcat´s JVM??

how to increment the max memory of Tomcat´s JVM?? Because this is for default 63 Mb, I need increment this count.

Thanks!!!

Iósev Pérez Rivero
Estudiantes de 4to Año
Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas

Re: how to increment the max memory of Tomcat´s JVM??

Posted by Mladen Adamovic <ad...@blic.net>.
Iosev Perez Rivero wrote:
> how to increment the max memory of Tomcat´s JVM?? Because this is for default 63 Mb, I need increment this count.

Tomcat use -server parametar and on new Java VM it means 256MB of memory
by default.
Anyway, if you need more memory change $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh or
catalina.bat (on Windows) file.

Add parametars like -Xms300m -Xmx500m or something. This means that
Tomcat will use 300MB of memory when it started and it might take up to
500MB if needed.

--
Mladen Adamovic
http://home.blic.net/adamm  http://www.shortopedia.com