Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jcaristi <jc...@whisolutions.com> on 2008/08/13 19:10:12 UTC

How to connect Java EE web services to ServiceMix?

I have been trying to figure out how a web service that is part of a Java EE
application can be exposed in ServiceMix without a significant performance
penalty. The Sun/Glassfish community has addressed this directly with the
Sun Java EE Engine.  Copied below*, is an excerpt from the Sun Developer
network that describes this component.

Is there something similar (or planned) that is available for ServiceMix?
If not, could someone please provide a high-level strategy for the most
efficient way to accomplish integration?  I would like to do this with
Geronimo.

Thank you in advance for any help.

* From the Sun Developer Network : "The Sun Java EE Engine is a JSR 208
compliant Java Business Integration (JBI) runtime component that connects
Java EE web services to JBI components. It is essentially designed to act as
a bridge between the application server and the JBI runtime environment,
facilitating interaction between Java EE components and JBI components. ...
Without the Sun Java EE Engine, a Java EE component that is deployed as a
servlet or EJB web service cannot be accessed from another JBI component
without incurring the overhead of network layer communication."

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2EE/sunjavaee_engine/