Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by HariNam Singh <hs...@elite.com> on 2001/06/27 19:48:58 UTC

RE: SOAP problem - not xerces - SOLUTION

Hi,

this was a tricky one.

When deploying SOAP with tomcat, I just used the web archive that included
the jar file. It worked for almost everything.

For some strange reason, it couldn't find RPCMessage in that jar file. This
explains, why everything else with SOAP was working. Once, I added SOAP to
the tomcat classpath, it worked.

Please, don't get me wrong, if you are not familiar with tomcat. It was not
that I just forgot the soap.jar file. The soap.jar was exposed through
tomcats war file mechanism, and admin tool etc worked with that.

Thanks for all your support!

HariNam

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
I just checked soap.jar from the 2.2 distribution and it certainly
contains org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.class in it. You appear
to have a corrupted distribution somehow; please get v2.2 again.
What you described should've worked just fine.

Sanjiva.