Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jbashir <jo...@ufnasoft.com> on 2006/09/08 11:14:31 UTC

[users@httpd] configuring apache and tomcat via mod_jk

Configuring apache and tomcat via mod_jk is done by installing apache on port
80 and tomcat on port 8080, and when we write http://localhost/ it's apache
server which runs by default (being installed on port 80), and then through
mod_jk.conf file we instruct the server when to switch to tomcat.

But I have my settings opposite to it. I have tomcat on port 80 and apache
on port 8080. So when I write http://localhost/, it's tomcat which runs
first (thats what my application demands), and then on choice I want to run
php module. Is it possible to do that and how? What changes I will have to
make in mod_jk.conf and httpd.conf ? Any suggestions? I am using Apache
1.3.37 and Tomcat 5.0.28.

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] configuring apache and tomcat via mod_jk

Posted by Serge Dubrouski <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9/8/06, jbashir <jo...@ufnasoft.com> wrote:

> I think I could not communicate my problem in a right way.
> What actually happens is, Apache runs first and then it serve the requests
> for tomcat and the tomcat displays pages. What I want is, to run tomcat
> first (by default) and then send requests from tomcat to apache to display
> php pages. This I can do by writing the following in the mod_jk.conf file:

This is rather non standard installation and I'm not sure that it's
possible to do. Ususally Apache is the frontend and Tomcat is the
backend. It gives you better performance, security and manageability.

>  #################### localhost:/ ####################
>
>     # Static files
>     Alias / "D:/TestApp/TestApp/www"
>
>     <Directory "D:/TestApp/www">
>         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>         DirectoryIndex index.do
>     </Directory>
>

>     # Deny direct access to WEB-INF and META-INF
>     #
>     <Location "//WEB-INF/*">
>         AllowOverride None
>         deny from all
>     </Location>
>
>     <Location "//META-INF/*">
>         AllowOverride None
>         deny from all
>     </Location>
>     #
>     # Use Directory too. On Windows, Location doesn't work unless case
> matches
>     #
>     <Directory "D:/TestApp/www/WEB-INF/">
>         AllowOverride None
>         deny from all
>     </Directory>
>
>     <Directory "D:/TestApp/www/META-INF/">
>         AllowOverride None
>         deny from all
>     </Directory>
>
>     JkMount //servlet/AxisServlet  ajp13
>     JkMount //servlet/AdminServlet  ajp13
>     JkMount //*.xml  ajp13
>     JkMount //*.jspx  ajp13
>     JkMount //*.do  ajp13
>     JkMount //services/*  ajp13
>     JkMount //*.jsp  ajp13
>
> writing http://192.168.0.21/ displays the index.jsp page. Thats what I want.
> But the problem is that it then does not display the .php files. Once it is
> switched to tomcat, it does not go back to apache. Thanks.

Of course it doesn't. What its the URL for you PHP pages. You have to
keep them separate from you JkMounts and let Apache handle them. Just
think about Apache as a aswitch that routes requests for different
content to different handles.

Posted by jbashir <jo...@ufnasoft.com>.

Posted by Serge Dubrouski <se...@gmail.com>.