Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/03/15 07:44:51 UTC

[Spec related] @Requires on interfaces specified in component services, was: requires and policySets attribute support

[snip]
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:

> You'll need to handle both interfaces and implementation classes,
> which both can have @Requires. I would expect @Requires on a Java
> implementation class and its interfaces to translate to Intent
> metadata in the ComponentType model describing the implementation.
>
> A Java interface can also be specified in a service or reference for a
> particular component (independent of the implementation class and the
> interfaces it implements). You may have to handle that too and
> translate @Requires to Intent metadata in the Component model
> describing the particular component (somehow refining the Intents
> specified on the implementation). This is something to investigate as
> I couldn't find a clear description of the behavior in this case in
> the SCA Java C&I spec.
>
> Let us know if you run into any issues or questions.

Could anyone working on this particular aspect of the policy and Java
C&I spec help shed some light on the use case I outlined above? What
happens if I do the following:

<component name="CustomerInfoComponent">
  <service name="CustomerInfoService">
    <interface.java interface="CustomerInfo"/>
  </service>
  <implementation.java class="CustomerInfoImpl"/>
</component>

@Requires(CONFIDENTIALITY.MESSAGE)
interface CustomerInfo {
  ... retrieveCustomer(...);
}

class CustomerInfoImpl implements CustomerInfo {
  ... retrieveCustomer(...);
}

Does this make the confidentiality/message policy intent effective for
service CustomerInfoService or not?

Thanks

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [Spec related] @Requires on interfaces specified in component services, was: requires and policySets attribute support

Posted by scabooz <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastien,

I don't see any other replies, and I feel like I'm being tricked in
some way....

First, let me say that this could be more clearly described. However,
there is a precedent in the WSDL extension for @requires. It is
described in section 1.5.4 of the assembly spec.  When applied to
this case, you get:

Use of the @requires annotation in this example is the same as:

<service name="CustomerInfoService" requires="confidentiality.message">
   <interface.java interface="CustomerInfo"/>
</service>

So the answer is yes.

Dave