Posted to users@apex.apache.org by akshay naidu <ak...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/06 14:38:05 UTC

unable to lunch Kafka-to-HDFS-sync app in DataTorrent.

Hello,
I am not able to run *kafka-to-HDFS-sync* app.
apache kafka server on my ubuntu machine is up and running. I have created
a topic called transactions which is created from a csv file. I want to
load this topic in *dataTorrent* in Kafka-to-Hdfs-sync app and generate
graphic display just to analyse.
I am successfully able to import the app, but when i launch the app it runs
showing the state as *ACCEPTED* but after few seconds the *STATE* is
changed to *FAILED*.
I have attached a screenshot of *launch properties* and *Application
overview* page.
Kindly assist me.
Thank You.

Re: unable to lunch Kafka-to-HDFS-sync app in DataTorrent.

Posted by akshay naidu <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I added the following lines in yarn-site and also i switched to kafka-0.9
.. looks like one of these two or both changes worked for me.. now its
working absolutely fine..
<property>
   <name>yarn.nodemanager.vmem-check-enabled</name>
    <value>false</value>
    <description>Whether virtual memory limits will be enforced for
containers</description>
  </property>

Thank you very much to all of you for your help.

I am trying to create a graphic display similar to the attached image. Is
it possible to do that in dataTorrent..

Thanks.

Posted by Chaitanya Chebolu <ch...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Akshay,