Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com> on 2011/08/11 10:12:56 UTC

Pinging error

Hi

When i tried

karaf@root> cluster:ping 10.200.208.236:5701
Error executing command: java.lang.NullPointerException
karaf@root> cluster:ping node1.10.200.208.236:5701
Error executing command: java.lang.NullPointerException
karaf@root>

Help out to cluster among nodes in network.

Regards
Guru

Re: Pinging error

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
Issue created.

https://issues.apache.org/ <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-839>
jira/browse/KARAF-839 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-839>
*
*

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

Re: Pinging error

Re: Pinging error

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes,

if you want to "control" the cluster member, you can use multicast,
static definition, or cloud whiteboard.

Regards
JB

On 08/11/2011 11:12 AM, Gnanaguru S wrote:

> Hi JEan,
> Thanks .
>
> In this case. Anyone in my network can connect with me. as you said i wan to
> change in such a way that, only permitted people can join in my cluster.
>

> Cheers
> Guru

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Pinging error

Re: Pinging error

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, by default, Cellar uses Unicast for discovery (you can switch to
another mechanism).

It means that, you simply install Cellar on any Karaf instance, and it
will join automatically the cluster.

Regards
JB

On 08/11/2011 10:48 AM, Gnanaguru S wrote:

> Hi Jean. It worked.
>
> Simply it was amazing. so that if any number of nodes interconnected has
> karaf-cellar then all where automatically connected ?.
>
> My undestanding is right ?
>
> regards
> guru

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Pinging error

Re: Pinging error

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
You have to use the correct node ID.

If you try something like:

karaf@root> cluster:ping d-177889.wipro.com:5701

it should work.

Regards
JB

On 08/11/2011 10:36 AM, Gnanaguru S wrote:

> after listing
>
> karaf@root>  cluster:list-nodes
>     No. Host Name             Port ID
> *    1 D-183913.wipro.com    5701 D-183913.wipro.com:5701
>       2 d-177889.wipro.com    5701 d-177889.wipro.com:5701
> karaf@root>
>
> Why its not pinging then? Is it anything related to proxy ?
>

> Regards
> Guru

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Pinging error

Re: Pinging error

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Could you check the node name using cluster:list-nodes ?

Regards
JB

On 08/11/2011 10:12 AM, Gnanaguru S wrote:

> Hi
>
> When i tried
>
> karaf@root>  cluster:ping 10.200.208.236:5701
> Error executing command: java.lang.NullPointerException
> karaf@root>  cluster:ping node1.10.200.208.236:5701
> Error executing command: java.lang.NullPointerException
> karaf@root>
>
> Help out to cluster among nodes in network.
>
> Regards
> Guru

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org