Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Steve Williams <st...@kromestudios.com> on 2004/07/30 05:42:34 UTC

Using svn diff on two unversioned files

D:\SRC\MK2\Source>svn diff --old MKLevelChunk.cpp.old --new MKLevelChunk.cpp
svn: Sorry, svn_client_diff was called in a way that is not yet supported
svn: Only diffs between a path's text-base and its working files are
supported at this time

I tried to use svn's diff to get the difference between two non-versioned
files on disk.  Will this be supported any time soon?  Just curious.

Sly

Re: Using svn diff on two unversioned files

Posted by "Michael S. Liebman" <m-...@northwestern.edu>.
On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:42:34PM +1000, Steve Williams wrote:
> I tried to use svn's diff to get the difference between two non-versioned
> files on disk.  Will this be supported any time soon?  Just curious.

I highly doubt it when there are plenty of perfectly good diff
utilities available. You might want to download the Win32 version of
the GNU diffutils package from
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm.

Michael
--