Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/18 19:04:53 UTC

Re: Release Apache NetBeans parent pom 1.0

Dne pondělí 18. února 2019 16:55:52 CET, Ate Douma napsal(a):
> This *new* maven artifact is using Maven groupId: org.netbeans.maven.
> Which IMO can and should at least use the org.apache.netbeans prefix.
> There is no existing usage, yet, so *not* using the org.apache. prefix
> as expected seems weird and wrong to me.

As a strong proponent of compatibility, I am ready to defend existing co-
ordinates for existing artifacts.

However in this case I agree with Ate. Let's use org.apache.netbeans:parent:1

My voice isn't a vote. I just want to support Ate's argumentation in this
case: When in ASF behave like Apache!
-jt

Re: Release Apache NetBeans parent pom 1.0

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

On 19/02/2019 02.23, hanasaki@gmail.com wrote:
> Maybe consider A="netbeans-parent"  In the absence of OSGI, "parent" is
> common and ambiguous across multiple projects.  Example: I have been on
> projects that ended up with transitive dependencies of multiple
> "utility.jar" from different groups.  While less likely with a parent,
> IMHO still a collision risk and [projectName]-parent does give context
> in debugging.

The Maven artifactId netbeans-parent is fine so this is not an
issue. Furthermore, this being a pom artifact which only is used by
Maven during a build, there is no ambiguity nor transitive dependency
problem.

Posted by "hanasaki@gmail.com" <ha...@gmail.com>.