Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by shihoir <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/30 15:06:53 UTC

How to use "openjpa.Optimistic"

Hi, all.
What is an option "openjpa.Optimistic" for?
In Lock Object Locking Guide, there is no guide for that option.
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/2.0.0-M3/apache-openjpa-2.0.0-M3/docs/manual/ref_guide_locking.html
I want to know feature of "openjpa.Optimistic" with "openjpa.LockManager"
option.

thanks.
//julia chang

Re: How to use "openjpa.Optimistic"

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Hi shihoir,
Yeah, the openjpa.Optimistic property is not well documented.  The only
reference is to the property and the valid values of true and false [1].
With the updates being done to formalize the Pessimistic lock manager in JPA
2.0, we should probably clean up the documentation here as well.

Another source of information for OpenJPA's locking capabilities is the
WebSphere InfoCenter [2].  This is specific to the OpenJPA 1.2.x branch, but
it does give more background on the various locking mechanisms available.

I'm going to copy Albert on this reply since he was instrumental in the JPA
2.0 implementation for the pessimistic lock manager.  He might have more
insights on the documentation for these locking mechanisms.

Thanks,
Kevin

[1]
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#openjpa.Optimistic