Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gijs Sijpesteijn <gi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/16 10:36:02 UTC

Maven Fitnesse plugin

Hi,

I'm working on a Maven Fitnesse plugin. I know there are already two similar
plugins, fitnesse-maven-plugin and trinidad, but the first is hardly
maintained anymore and the later is missing some functionality and the
latest release is from 2010.
When running Fitnesse, you will need to specify the classpath for Fitnesse
to use. This classpath is almost identical as the maven classpath. Maven is
therefor perfect to extract this classpath and supply it to fitnesse. The
plugin will generate the classpath for fitnesse. The plugin can be
configured to include the /target/classes/ directory instead of a compiled
jar. Jar's can be excluded, resources can be specified and static entries
for the classpath for Fitnesse can be specified.
The big advantace is that you do not have to maintain the version of your
jar's to be maintained by hand, but will be generated as part of the maven
build cycle.
In the near future I would like the plugin to be able to execute the
fitnesse tests as part of the build process. (Similar to the trinidad
plugin).
At the moment, I'm working for a financial customer and we are using our
plugin with great success. I would really like this plugin to be shared with
of the world, since I think there are developers out there facing the same
problems.

Cheers, Gijs Sijpesteijn

Re: Maven Fitnesse plugin

Posted by iapazmino <ia...@gmail.com>.
Gijs Sijpesteijn wrote

> I'm working on a Maven Fitnesse plugin.

Hello Gijs,

Did you publish your fitnesse plugin somewhere?

Regards,
IP

AW: Maven Fitnesse plugin

Posted by "Moser, Christian" <cm...@metrohm.com>.
Hi, I would be interested to test your plugin because it would really simplify our test environment.
We were facing simular classpath problems and were forced to copy the needed artifacts by maven-dependency-plugin to the Fitnesse server classpath directory. We were then be able
to execute our tests with the fitnesse-maven-plugin (goal: remotecall) after we started the fitnesse server with the antrun-plugin...

Greets Chris

Re: Maven Fitnesse plugin

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Why not merge this with the Mojo one then and help maintain it?
Send a mail to the mojo dev list and I'm sure you're help will be
appreciated.

/Anders

Re: Maven Fitnesse plugin

Posted by Thomas Sundberg <ts...@kth.se>.
Hi!

How do you handle the fact that any uptodate Fitnesse version isn't
available from Maven central?
The latest version I found when I checked was 20081201, that is a more
then two years old release.

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/fitnesse/fitnesse/20081201/

/Thomas

--