Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> on 2004/06/14 20:32:36 UTC

Re: Struts/Lunar Pages/Resin Issues

You will need to reexamine YOUR project.  I can assure you that nothing in
the officially released Struts code (or dependencies) is causing this.

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.

Posted by mike <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.
Yes, thanks.  They had another instance of Resin setting before my website
was initialized and when my website was initialized the Resin instance
default port conflicted with the other instance.  There was nothing wrong
with my code or Struts.  They just assumed that since Resin kept resetting
when my site was being initialized that the use of Struts on my site was
causing a problem.

Posted by DG...@EvergreenInvestments.com.
I'm curious.  Did you get this resolved?

Dennis

mike <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>
06/14/2004 02:57 PM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

"Struts Developers List" <de...@struts.apache.org>, "Struts Users Mailing
List" <us...@struts.apache.org>
cc
"Struts Developers List" <de...@struts.apache.org>
Subject
Re: Struts/Lunar Pages/Resin Issues

That makes sense, James, except my site is not using or accessing struts
at
this time.  That site is only using a single page which merely accesses
the
request object's remoteAddr parameter.So, my product could not be the
issue.  Did you read the stderr log?  My suspicion is that the server
administrator at Lunar Pages is OTL.  But, I thought I would ask here
first.  It seems clear from the stderr log below that my site details
could
not be causing the trouble.

At 11:32 AM 6/14/2004, James Mitchell wrote:
>You will need to reexamine YOUR project.  I can assure you that nothing
in
>the officially released Struts code (or dependencies) is causing this.
>

>--
>James Mitchell
>Software Engineer / Open Source Evangelist
>EdgeTech, Inc.
>678.910.8017
>AIM: jmitchtx

It's not obvious from your email, but did you:
1) Check for conflicting servers i.e. telnet www.michaelmcgrady.com 6082
2) Check that /127.0.0.1 is a valid interface for [your] machine.

Posted by mike <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.

Posted by mike <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.