Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by John Browne <jk...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/13 14:40:19 UTC

Server upgrade to 1.2.0 - clients still compatible?

We have a subversion 1.1.1 (mod_dav_svn, bdb) server.  Our Windows
client machines are using Tortoise and the linux client machines are
using the svn command-line client.  Everything is working fine.  I was
thinking about dumping the repository, upgrading the server to 1.2.0,
and re-importing using FSFS this time.  I was just curious if I will
have any problems if I don't upgrade the clients right away.  Are the
1.1.1 clients still compatible with a 1.2.0 mod_dav_svn server?

Re: Server upgrade to 1.2.0 - clients still compatible?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Jun 13, 2005, at 9:40 AM, John Browne wrote:

> We have a subversion 1.1.1 (mod_dav_svn, bdb) server.  Our Windows
> client machines are using Tortoise and the linux client machines are
> using the svn command-line client.  Everything is working fine.  I was
> thinking about dumping the repository, upgrading the server to 1.2.0,
> and re-importing using FSFS this time.  I was just curious if I will
> have any problems if I don't upgrade the clients right away.  Are the
> 1.1.1 clients still compatible with a 1.2.0 mod_dav_svn server?

Yes, see the releasenotes:

http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.2_releasenotes.html