Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Frento Burton <fb...@scs.howard.edu> on 2011/03/24 05:46:55 UTC

Fwd: "Welcome to the VCL" page does not appear...

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.
Frento,

/var/log/audit/audit.log is a log file, not an executable.  Any file you try
to run that doesn't have the executable bit set will give you a permission
denied error - i.e. you don't have permission to execute the file.  Were you
trying to view the audit.log file?  If so, try

less /var/log/audit/audit.log

Once viewing it, use the up/down arrows to scroll and the 'q' key to quit.

Were you able to check the settings Jim mentioned in the httpd.conf file?

Josh

--
-------------------------------
Josh Thompson

Josh_Thompson@ncsu.edu
919-515-5323

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: "Welcome to the VCL" page does not appear...

Posted by Frento Burton <fb...@scs.howard.edu>.

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Re: "Welcome to the VCL" page does not appear...

Posted by James O'Dell <jo...@fullerton.edu>.

Re: "Welcome to the VCL" page does not appear...

Posted by Frento Burton <fb...@scs.howard.edu>.
Sorry left off the colon in the URL. But yes, I have that, still doesn't
work.

Re: "Welcome to the VCL" page does not appear...

Posted by James O'Dell <jo...@fullerton.edu>.
um, maybe the url should be "https://<ipaddress>/vcl/index.php" ?

Posted by James Patrick Sigmon <jp...@ncsu.edu>.
Ironically, my installations all have the latter address.  What operating system is the bugged one on?  If it is RedHat, odds are you are missing the mcrypt-php and libmcrypt-php packages as they are not in the default repository for the OS.

-Patrick

Posted by Jayson A Brazelle/FS/VCU <ja...@vcu.edu>.
I often found that when I got the blank page it was because I forgot to restart the mysql or the vcld service.

Posted by James Patrick Sigmon <jp...@ncsu.edu>.
Hey Frento,

There a couple a possibilities that come to mind that you could check.

One would be to double check your conf.php file for any incorrect values or typos.  In particular, double check baseurl, script, cookiedomain, and homeurl.

The other idea I have is to make sure that all of your php packages are installed.  I've had a few installations where somehow I missed one and it cause errors like what you are describing.
php-gd
php-json (if your PHP version is < 5.2, this is not required)
php-mcrypt
php-mysql
php-openssl
php-sysvsem
php-xml
php-xmlrpc
php-ldap (if you will be using ldap authentication)
Hope this helps,

Patrick Sigmon

Posted by Frento Burton <fb...@scs.howard.edu>.