Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dongwon Kim <ea...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/21 08:54:53 UTC

How to use a nested column for CREATE TABLE PARTITIONED BY

Hi,

I want to create subdirectories named after values of a nested column,
location.transId.

This is my first attempt:

> CREATE TABLE output
> PARTITIONED BY (`location.transId`)
> WITH (
>   'connector' = 'filesystem',
>   'path' = 'east-out',
>   'format' = 'json'
> ) LIKE navi (EXCLUDING ALL)

It fails with the following errors:

> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.table.api.ValidationException:
> Partition column 'location.transId' not defined in the table schema.
> Available columns: ['type', 'location']
> at
> org.apache.flink.table.planner.operations.SqlCreateTableConverter.verifyPartitioningColumnsExist(SqlCreateTableConverter.java:164)
> at
> org.apache.flink.table.planner.operations.SqlCreateTableConverter.createCatalogTable(SqlCreateTableConverter.java:130)
> at
> org.apache.flink.table.planner.operations.SqlCreateTableConverter.convertCreateTable(SqlCreateTableConverter.java:76)
> at
> org.apache.flink.table.planner.operations.SqlToOperationConverter.convert(SqlToOperationConverter.java:190)
> at
> org.apache.flink.table.planner.delegation.ParserImpl.parse(ParserImpl.java:78)
> at
> org.apache.flink.table.api.internal.TableEnvironmentImpl.executeSql(TableEnvironmentImpl.java:678)
> at com.kakaomobility.SQLExecutor.main(SQLExecutor.java:28)

As It seems like nested columns are not recognized as a eligible column for
PARTITIONED BY, I tried the following:

> CREATE TABLE output (
>   `partition` AS location.transId
> ) PARTITIONED BY (`partition`)
> WITH (
>   'connector' = 'filesystem',
>   'path' = 'east-out',
>   'format' = 'json'
> ) LIKE navi (EXCLUDING ALL)

It also fails:

>  Exception in thread "main"
> org.apache.flink.table.api.ValidationException: The field count of logical
> schema of the table does not match with the field count of physical schema

. The logical schema: [STRING,ROW<`lastUpdateTime` BIGINT, `transId`
STRING>]
The physical schema: [STRING,ROW<`lastUpdateTime` BIGINT, `transId`
STRING>,STRING].

Thanks in advance,

Dongwon

Re: How to use a nested column for CREATE TABLE PARTITIONED BY

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.
You can not do that in Flink yet, Flink partition column must be mapped to columns from the table schema which you can select from. The syntax is a little different from Hive’s =>

create table table_name (
  id                int,
  dtDontQuery       string,
  name              string
)
partitioned by (date string)

In which you can declare the partition column name & type at the same time.

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2020年7月21日 +0800 PM11:30,Dongwon Kim <ea...@gmail.com>,写道:

Posted by Dongwon Kim <ea...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jark for the update.

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dongwon,

Posted by Dongwon Kim <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Danny,

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I execute the sql below

"""
   |create table navi (
   |  a STRING,
   |  location ROW<lastUpdateTime BIGINT, transId STRING>
   |) with (
   |  'connector' = 'filesystem',
   |  'path' = 'east-out',
   |  'format' = 'json'