Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Patrick <pa...@patoche.org> on 2000/09/30 19:47:06 UTC

PerlLogHandler not being run ?

Hi all,

After having perused the Eagle book, Stas's Guide and archives of
the mailing-list, I see no lights on my problem.
Maybe I'm doing something so silly that you will see it right on.

My setup :
Debian Linux with apache 1.3.9-13.1 and mod_perl 1.21.20000309-1

I've put :
PerlLogHandler My::Handler
in apache's httpd.conf
but it is not runned by Apache !

I have Trans,Authen,Access,Authz and Main handlers all working fine
in the exact same situation.
I believe Debian mod_perl package is compiled with EVERYTHING=1 and
that's what /perl-status told me also.

If, from another handler I call the My::Handler::handler() subroutine
it is correctly executed. So my code seems OK. And perl -c is happy
too. And apache restart is happy too.

But Apache doesn't want to execute it.
It's the same if I put it in a PerlCleanupHandler.

I even tried :
sub handler
{
 warn("YYYYYYYYYYY\n");
}

Nothing written, nowhere...

What do I miss ?

Is there a delay between the Main handler and the Log Handler during
Apache's run ?

--
Patrick.
``C'est un monde qui n'a pas les moyens de ne plus avoir mal.''

Re: PerlLogHandler not being run ?

Posted by Patrick <pa...@patoche.org>.
On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 07:47:06PM +0200, Patrick took time to write:
> I've put :
> PerlLogHandler My::Handler
> in apache's httpd.conf
> but it is not runned by Apache !

(answering to myself)
For everyone insterested, here is my solution : I don't understand
the problem, but using a ->push_handler() in my TransHandler to set up
my PerlLogHandler works.

That's very strange. At least it works, but I really don't know why
Apache didn't like my PerlLogHandler directive.