Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jehova Witness <jv...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/27 21:30:35 UTC

commons-daemon - issues just getting started

On the commons-daemon wiki code sample, what do I need to import for
'Engine'?
private static Engine engine = null;

daemons wiki with code sample at the bottom:
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Daemon

I am trying to get my first service installed and then started.  I have a
single jar on the same
level as a lib/ directory that is put down by an installer.

As part of the installer, I need to create a windows service that will
launch the main class when
started.

If there are any real working examples out there, please send, I could not
find them on the commons-daemon
site.