Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/31 18:40:45 UTC

[CForms] q'n about

Hi,

I'm working on a time-reporting application with a form that contains
"day of the week" input fields for Sun-Sat (into which the user enters
their daily hours).  I'm looking for a way to aggregate those daily
hours fields within the form model so that I can easily iterate across
them in the flowscript.

I thought that I might be able to do that using <fd:group>, but I
realized I don't know how to traverse the resulting form instance in
the flowscript (where do I find the widgets), and (probably related) I
don't know how to designate them in the JXT.

Any help?

thx-a-lot,
—ml—

Re: [CForms] q'n about

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
Mark Lundquist wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a time-reporting application with a form that contains
> "day of the week" input fields for Sun-Sat (into which the user enters
> their daily hours).  I'm looking for a way to aggregate those daily
> hours fields within the form model so that I can easily iterate across
> them in the flowscript.
>
> I thought that I might be able to do that using <fd:group>, but I
> realized I don't know how to traverse the resulting form instance in the
> flowscript (where do I find the widgets), and (probably related) I don't
> know how to designate them in the JXT.

Not sure from your description if fd:group is the best tool for your
goal, but I'll try to answer your questions.

In flowscript, you can traverse the widget tree with the form instance's
lookupWidget method:

    form.lookupWidget("groupA/groupB/field");

The argument is an xpath-like syntax.  Your fd:groups are container
widgets so they'll be nodes in the path.

In your JXTemplate, you use the ft:group element.  See the Template
section on
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgets/widget_group.html and let
us know if you have any more questions.

HTH